Saturday, January 24, 2009

Happy New Year!

Wow. I can't believe it's 2009. And by that, I can't believe it's only 2009. We feel like Grant should be about 11 yrs old now, and Porter should be 10. That's not the case, of course. Grant turned (only) 4 earlier this month, and Porter just hit the 8 month mark.

Speaking of which, we are the classic parents. We had 50 billion pictures of Grant by the time he was 8 months old. Not so much with Mr. Porter.

Grant had a fun birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. His favorite game is skee ball, and he's surprisingly good at it. He gets that from Sherri--she could play that for days I think. She says I can never get a video game console at home, but I think I should start limiting her skee ball until she relents. Grant still loves going to school 3 days/week. The day after his birthday, he asked "Where are you taking me?" For some reason he got in his head that he would go to a different school when he was 4. You have to watch what you say around him--he remembers everything, and takes it literally. Yes, we told him that he might go to a new school when he was 4... we didn't mean the day after! Probably explains why he thought the day after Thanksgiving should be Christmas (I told him that Christmas is after Thanksgiving).

Porter is the crawl master, and suddenly got very quick at it. Every time he naps, he wakes up with newfound coordination when it comes to getting around. He is certainly still not a long napper. He goes for 40 minutes, plus or minus 3.2 seconds. It's eerie. I start my stopwatch when he goes to sleep, and without fail he wakes up between 39 and 41 minutes. Silly boy. Sleep! Sleep! Top teeth are coming in, too. It's not pretty. The poor boy is certainly our kid. Porter, we're so sorry about your dental genetics! Do they make braces for babies? We wish we could say he's sleeping at night. But I won't bore you with my nocturnal lamenting.

I finally put a crazy idea into practice today, despite Sherri rolling her eyes like a slot machine. I've been working on electrifying my bike. Finally took it for a quick test run earlier today, and I'm still smiling. It goes about 20 mph without pedaling. I got major icicle boogers this afternoon, and I only rode for 5 minutes. (you make a quick transition to weather wimp when you live in a warm climate) Later I'll try to post some photos of my sweeeeet ride. Names anyone? I can see Sherri's eyes rolling again...

No comments: